Are you searching for a teacher who can help you achieve your dream of mastering the classical guitar?
I trained as a classical guitarist at the Royal College of Music in London.
For over 30 years, I have taught people of all ages to play this beautiful instrument.
- Lessons take place in Devoran near Truro, Cornwall.
- My teaching studio is bright and spacious, with a peaceful atmosphere and a very good acoustic for the classical guitar.
- Off-road parking is just outside
- Young children can start lessons from the age of 7. The aim is to have fun, while learning proper classical guitar technique.
- Older children have usually started learning at school. With private one-to-one lessons I can help them to work at a higher level.
- Adult learners are very welcome, at all levels of ability.
- I am patient and encouraging.
- I hope you always leave your lesson feeling positive.
- Whether you are just beginning your journey, or already playing at a high level, I can help you to reach your full potential on the classical guitar.
- I coach for Trinity Guildhall or ABRSM grade exams, if you like having a goal to work towards.
- In over 30 years of entering pupils for exams, I have had a 100% success rate, with a high percentage of 'distinction' results.
- Of course if you just want to learn for enjoyment, without any particular goal other than to play beautiful music on a beautiful instrument, then that's fine too!
- Online lessons can be arranged on Zoom, Facetime or Skype.
M.Mus(RCM), ARCM, Dip(RCM).
The above professional qualifications are the result of 5 years of full-time study at the Royal College of Music in London.
I am fully DBS checked, and undertake annual safeguarding training.
For more details about what happens in the lessons and my teaching ethos, click on the age-group you are interested in :
Here are a selection of testimonials from pupils past and present.
30-minute lesson : £20
45-minute lesson : £30
60-minute lesson : £40
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything"