For thousands of years, people have used singing as an aid to meditation and contemplation.
Would You Love to Do That?
I offer one-hour sessions of ‘Singing for Meditation and Contemplation’ in the creekside village of Devoran near Truro. You don’t need any previous experience of singing, and you don’t need to read music.
Singing for Meditation and Contemplation
- A Sound Meditation will settle you on arrival, which I will create using harp, chimes and singing bowls
- Deep breathing exercises will be combined with vocal toning – a powerful meditation technique which also warms up the voice
- Sing taize chants and simple contemplative songs together
- Sing songs in harmony, or accompanied by a small harp or drum
- Finally just relax and absorb, while I create a Sound Meditation using harp and other instruments
Is the Session One-to-One?
Yes, this can be a one-to-one session.
You can also come with friends (between 2 and 10 people), in which case the cost can either be split between you, or gifted by one person.
I also offer this as a group workshop, usually as part of a spiritual or mindful retreat.
Is any Religion Involved?
No, I welcome all faiths and none.
How Much Will it Cost?
£35 for one hour.
Gift Vouchers Available.
“Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life, bringing peace”