For thousands of years, people have used music and singing as an aid to meditation and contemplation.
Would You Love to Do That?
I offer one-hour sessions of 'Music for Meditation and Contemplation', in the creekside village of Devoran near Truro. You don't need any previous experience of playing a musical instrument or singing, although if you do play an instrument, you can bring it.
Music for Meditation and Contemplation
- Harp music / Sound Bath to settle you on arrival
- Mindful breathing exercises / sitting meditation
- Chanting, toning and drumming to balance the body's energies
- Singing taize chants and simple contemplative songs together
- Improvising with simple percussion instruments / chimes / singing bowls
- If you play an instrument, I can help you to create your own contemplative music for that instrument
- Play a harp if you wish - I can teach you some very simple scales based on ancient modes, and show you how to turn those scales into free improvisations
- A final Sound Bath, interweaving Medieval Harp music with other contemplative instruments.
Is the Session One-to-One?
Yes, you can book a one-to-one session. Or if you'd prefer you can book with up to 3 friends, in which case the cost is split between you.
I also offer this as a group workshop, usually as part of a spiritual or mindful retreat.
Is any Religion Involved?
No, I welcome all faiths and none.
How Much Will it Cost?
£35 for one hour.
"Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life, bringing peace"