For thousands of years, people have used music and singing as an aid to meditation and contemplation.
Would You Love to Do That?
I offer one-hour sessions of 'Music for Meditation and Contemplation', in the creekside village of Devoran near Truro. You don't need any previous experience of playing a musical instrument or singing, although if you do play an instrument, you can bring it.
After the session you may feel more at peace, with a greater sense of serenity and wellbeing.
Music for Meditation and Contemplation
- A 'Sound Bath' settles you on arrival, using harp, chimes and singing bowls
- Together we practise deep breathing exercises or a short sitting meditation
- Learn techniques for chanting, toning and drumming as tools for meditation
- Sing taize chants and simple contemplative songs together
- If you play an instrument, I can help you to create contemplative music for that instrument
- Learn to create sound meditations using simple percussion instruments and chimes
- Experience deep relaxation through a final Sound Bath, which interweaves Medieval Harp music with other contemplative sounds.
Is the Session One-to-One?
Yes, this is a one-to-one session.
You can also share it with one or two friends, in which case the cost is split between you. Perhaps treat someone to a gift you can share?
I also offer this as a group workshop, usually as part of a spiritual or mindful retreat.
Is any Religion Involved?
No, I welcome all faiths and none.
How Much Will it Cost?
£35 for one hour.
"Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life, bringing peace"